Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Last Email Exchange with Shawn (Identifying Information Deleted to Make it Difficult for the Uninvited to find the Blog :-)

To Jennifer
From: Shawn
Sent: Fri 8/26/11 1:49 PM

I listened to this today, thanks.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Jennifer wrote:

Everything will be okay.

"Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend

Any minor world that breaks apart falls together again

When the demon is at your door

In the morning it won't be there no more

Any major dude will tell you"

J~
________________________________________

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 19:27:36 -0600

Subject: Re: Announcement From [Shawn’s Bike Shop]
From:  Shawn
To: Jennifer

Thank you. I am sad but relieved at the same time, it has been so incredibly difficult for three years, it hasn't been much fun.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Jennifer wrote:

I'm sorry to hear the news. I'm sure it must have been a very difficult decision. I know you put everything you had into the business and you made a difference for a lot of people over the years.

Jennifer
________________________________________

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:13:59 -0600
Subject: Announcement From [Shawn’s Bike Shop]
From: xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Dear Friends, Family, Customers and Vendors,

Effective October 31, 2011, [The Bike Shop] will be closing permanently. I have enjoyed over thirteen great years serving the cycling community.

I am grateful to everyone in the cycling community, and especially to my loyal clients who have put their trust in me over the years.

Starting today, everything in the store is going to be 25% off of regular price. As we get closer to October 31st, we will also be liquidating all of our tools and equipment as well as store fixtures and furnishings.

Starting August 25, I will be beginning the next chapter of my bicycle industry career as the certified technician at the [big box outdoor store]. I am very excited to join such a great company and to be able to continue to work in the industry and city about which I am so passionate. I will be working at [big box outdoor store] part time and at [the bike shop] full time until October 31st, at which point I will assume full time responsibilities at [big box outdoor store].

I have just a few more details. If anyone is interested in hiring a hard-working, trustworthy, dedicated employee, contact me regarding [employee’s name], who has been working for me for over 2 years and would make a great addition to any company. Next, if there is anyone out there interested in taking over the lease on our gorgeous Linden Street location, contact our commercial realtor, [Realtor Name].

Thanks Again To All Of You,

Shawn

No comments: