Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Here I Am, Again...

Wow.  Three years since I last wrote?  Well, hello.

Life brings many changes in 3 years - and the need to write therapeutically "they" tell me.

The father of my two beautiful children, the man who I spent many times of joy with, the man who caused me great fear and pain...yes, that one.

He took his own life on my 40th Birthday, August 29, 2011.

A last statement from him, no doubt.

I've spent the past year ignoring my own feelings of grief - the sadness, the disbelief, the anger, the confusion as I helped my sweet daughter work through her own pain.

No surprise that this ostrich-like approach to my feelings has resulted in occasional bubbles rupturing to the surface.

I went to my therapist - the one who I had left the last three sessions thinking, "This woman does not LIKE me." (only to tell myself, "How pathetic is THAT??  Oh, boo-hoo, even my therapist doesn't like me").  And this time I left in tears feeling like a total failure.

Soooo...time for everyone's favorite chore - finding a new therapist.  Ugh!

So maybe you, my readers, whoever you are will be my therapist for now.  If you are reading, please let me know.

In peace,

J~

1 comment: