Pages

Friday, June 22, 2007

The Truth is in the Middle

A very close friend recently said to me, "You've had a lot of bad things happen to you."
Yes, I have.
I have also had a lot of good things happen to me. They are happening right now.
Sometimes with such great joy comes the opposite - fear.
Is it the fear of the worst happening? That life can't really be as good as it seems? Prepare myself for the worst - then I won't get hurt.
How about preparing myself for the best?
Think of the best. Think of the worst. The truth lies somewhere in between.
And no one knows what will happen. No one knows.
Carpe Diem!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think for someone who has been in your situation preparing yourself for the worst is the only way you know how to live.

I hope some day it can be different for both of us. That we can think about the good times and the bad will fade from our memories.

Heather said...

Where have you gone?? I keep checking, but no new posts. Plus I tried to e-mail you and it says you are no longer at your job. Drop me a line and let me know how things are going!!