Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

My First Time in the House

The home had been sold as part of a bankruptcy and had been vacant for some time.

My parents had not been allowed to see the inside of the house before purchasing it. They had peaked in the windows enough to know that it had been "inhabited" by teenagers looking for a place to party. I've often wondered why they didn't just break in the way the teenagers had obviously done!

When the trio that was our family entered the house we found a living room that contained a dillapidated green couch, beer bottles, cigarette butts, and other evidence of some late night parties.

While my parents were checking out what would become known as the "downstairs bedroom", I decided to walk up stairs. Creak, creak, creak, creak- past the first four steps on to the first landing. Turn. Creak, creak, creak up to the next landing. Right as my foot hovered at the top landing...I fell backwards and tumbled head over heels down the stairs to the bottom landing where I lay in a heap.

No serious injuries resulted except for the note to self that this house was dangerous.

Dangerous haunted house.

No comments: